Identifying critical property and facility issues facing your congregation, developing alternative scenarios in light of the reality of resources, and having an actionable plan are essential to your community’s future. Zielinski Companies’ experienced consultants bring the lessons learned from working with hundreds of religious communities for more than 50 years to the planning process. We can help you clarify your goals and develop a roadmap for the future that allows your members to continue living in community while maintaining your mission and ensuring the needs of aging members are met.
Looking out ten years into the future, you need to have a clear and objective understanding of the variables that will impact your community and its funding needs:
- The current and projected financial, demographic, and facility realities of the congregation from a ministerial, communal, and funding perspective;
- What members’ preferences are regarding living situations, how those preferences would impact the organization as a whole, and the financial implications of establishing criteria for retirement;
- The impact of declining members residing at remote locations, possibilities for adapting properties to accommodate the needs of aging members, and potential opportunities for collaborating with other provinces and/or congregations to establish shared facilities.
Range of Planning Services
Zielinski Companies offers a broad range of planning and management services to address your real estate needs:
- Analysis of current finances, identification of future needs, and funding gap projections
- Assessment of property and facility utilization
- Real estate planning, design, and construction management
- Organizational, governance, reconfiguration, and sponsorship analysis and planning
- Facilities operational and employment reviews
Our planning process takes a collaborative, consensus-building approach that focuses on the importance of obtaining input from stakeholders, allowing membership to be proactive in shaping your community's future and the future of your ministries. Planning studies are grounded in congregations’ values, producing clear results and usable action plans.